A Sales Estimator is required by this manufacturing organisation for their site based in Surrey.
The ideal candidate should have experience with customer relationship management and estimation processes, preferably from within the sheet metal fabrication/engineering industry.
The role will require the Sales person to build existing and new customer relationships as well as submitting official quotations to customers and process subsequent orders.
- To build relationships with existing and potential new customers in order to generate a stream of ongoing opportunities
- To be able to represent the company, its products and its services to existing and potential customers and secure enquiries
- Generation of factory processes, BOM’s and routings with appropriates times to determine costs
- To liaise with the workshop on feasibility to manufacture customer products
- To provide quotations and ensure that sales enquiries are responded to in a timely and professional manner
- Negotiate with customers and listen to objections, customer requirement and provide appropriate solutions
- Develop a forward pipeline by undertaking research to identify and log potential customers for future sales follow ups
- Visit customers and/or their projects to support the sales team when required
- To perform other tasks and duties as reasonably requested by the Business Manager
- Will receive full in-house training
- Ability to read drawings and provide customers with quotations based on their requirements
- Good basic engineering knowledge and interest
- Appropriate sales and costing experience in a small/medium sized commercial organisation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products, such as Word, Excel, Outlook
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and self-motivation